En este momento estás viendo How can you convalidate your degree in Madrid if you want to continue your studies

How can you convalidate your degree in Madrid if you want to continue your studies

Are you planning to do a postgraduate study in Spain? Then you should know more about the steps that have to be taken to formally recognize your degree.  Before you can continue your study in Spain your degree needs to have the same academic qualifications as required in Spain. Moreover, the degree recognition will unfortunately not be done automatically and differs for each country, so it is important to know more about the requirements for non-European and European citizens.

Application form 

The process of degree recognition requires some documentation you will need to provide to the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture, and Sport (MECD) or the Spanish embassy in the country of your origin. Furthermore, you also have the option to apply at any other Spanish government office located in your home country. After you have gathered all the documentation, you will need to fill in the application form on the MECD website and deliver it to one of the three options mentioned.

Procedures of degree recognition

The procedure of degree recognition differs for non-EU/EFTA nationals. For instance, non-EU/EFTA nationals can apply for a degree recognition based on a confirmation of the same Spanish academic level or if it is equivalent to a Spanish university degree that could include application fees. EU or EFTA (including Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein, and Switzerland) citizens need to apply for professional recognition which includes no application fees. On the other hand, there is also a third option of which you can apply for partial recognition. However, partial recognition is only available for you if want to study in Spain and if this has been accepted by the university admission.

Required documentations

Firstly, you will need to bring a copy of your official ID or passport and a degree certificate of your home country. The degree certificate includes the name of your studies, the official duration of your studies, your academic transcript and total hour workload. However, instead of the total hour workload you can also express the study load in credits ECTS (for European countries). For example, if you have obtained at least 30 ECTS you will be approved, and you can continue your study. Besides that, there can be asked about a proof competence in the Spanish language if it is required by your university. And lastly, a proof of payment of a homologacion fee can be applicable for countries outside Spain.

In addition to all the documents that are needed before you can study in Spain, certain apps or tips for leaning a new language are also useful during your stay. 


By: Chelsea Harnas, The Hague University of Applied Sciences  ’21

Deja una respuesta